7 Mar 2014

The wind - PJ Harvey

The wind - PJ Harvey
Today I got this weird pulse toward this song. Not really weird actually... I was surfing on LinkedIn sending messages to people and I got a couple of Catherines close to each other and after reading the name of one of them, the line "Catherine liked high places, high up, high up on the hills" started to go on my mind and I couldn't help listening to the whole Is this desire? album (awesome one by the way). It's funny how this album, though being a great one that I adore and that PJ herself considers as one of the two albums of her perfect period (the other is To Bring You My Love, on which I can't not agree), I still don't tend to include it in my top 5 of her albums, or anyway not without doubts. It's very hard, there are a number of albums of hers I don't consider 100% "perfect" but that I anyway love a lot (practically all of them, but one maybe). Anyway, this is my pick for today, and I'll exploit it to say hello to all the Catherines that are reading! Hello girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment