4 Aug 2014

Are you what you want to be? - Foster the People

Are you what you want to be? - Foster the People
In my best (and rarely realistic) intentions this would've been the second post of yesterday, as it made sense yesterday and I also would have had the time to write it down last night... but I didn't. Anyway the reason for this post lies behind me watching Foster the People on the livestream of Lollapalooza festival two nights ago (ok, it was late afternoon in Chicago but it was past 3 at night at my place!) and, well... I loved the performance! I admit I didn't totally love their second and currently latest album and my relationship with it can be perfectly summed up with the one I have with this song: loved the chorus at once (the same happened with a couple of songs on the album), while the rest of the song (/album) didn't really say anything to me for the first 5-6 listens. Now I got kind of used to it and I find it ok (as I do with few more songs on the album), but just ok not great, plus there are some other parts of the song (and especially some other songs on the album) that still have not caught me at all. So, a false step after the explosive love I had for Torches, their debut album. What saved the whole thing was indeed the watching them live at Lollapalooza: their performance has been great and super energizing, I was dancing like an idiot in front on my pc with my earplugs on in the middle of the night! The song that gained the most live for me has been this one, with the result that I have been singing the chorus in my mind (and not only) the whole day yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment