22 Jan 2015

Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper

Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper
A little while ago I started listening to new music, but the beginning of this 2015 has been a much more favourable time for retrieval of old favourites than for new explorations. Nonetheless I devoted a little time to my "new" discoveries, one of which is the greatest hits of Cyndi Lauper, which is not really "new"; moreover it has been lingering in my library for ages. But its time has come, and after a few listens I have been enjoying a few songs already, even if the thing that struck me the most is the (at times) super marked resemblance of Cyndi's voice with Patti Smith's. Is it just me or sometimes they sound alike? Anyway, I choose to post this song, which is widely popular (even if I hardly knew it, if at all, before putting it in my library). Because a girl gotta have fun. Well, a boy does too, doesn't he?


No comments:

Post a Comment