25 May 2015

The ghost of Tom Joad - Junip

The ghost of Tom Joad - Junip
After watching the Walter Mitty movie with Ben Stiller, I got to know (better) José Gonzales, who (together with his own band Junip) took care of the most part of the soundtrack for the movie. After falling brutally in love with 'Far away', their song that I have already posted a few days ago, I approached their 2010 debut album (as a band) 'Fields' and I fell even more in love with their music, some of the songs in particular. This is one of my current favourites, it's their rendition of a classic folk song already recorded by Bruce Springsteen and Rage against the machine. Although included in their 2010 album, the song was already featured in their 2005 EP 'Black refuge'; I'm sure all of those among you who like indie/folk/rock will be able to love it too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment