14 Nov 2015

God knows I tried - Lana del Rey

God knows I tried - Lana del Rey
The awful news coming from Paris last night were not the reason I didn't post, actually I got the news from my grandfather while dining out with family and friends celebrating a birthday, after the usual long drive back home. The good news for me is that I am officially (going to be) unemployed (in a few weeks), and I really am happy about it, I need a break, I need to reassess everything, take a step back and have a fresh start for the new year. Goodness knows I tried to make this whole thing work, but I couldn't, and when you realise that, you know you just need to cut the rope. Back to Paris, I don't want to fall into clichés, even if I think I will whichever thing I say... I'll do my best. Among the many posts and pictures and stuff, the best thing I've read today is an article by a girl of Somali origin who was, to sum it up, claiming that the best thing we can do is to do our best and live normally, don't hate each other, don't answer to violence with violence and intolerance, to destroy the figurative and actual barriers among ourselves and to fight the violence with unity and peace. I agree, and I think that as EUROPE, we need to get closer and closer together, if we want to effectively be able to defend ourselves against this hatred and also to play a role in the geo-politics of the next (say) 50 years. My last, provocative comment refers to a picture I've seen on Facebook and immediately shared; quoting it, "don't pray for Paris, fight against hateful religious ideology." That's why I chose this song, as it mentions god (in a non-standard way) and as it relies on the meaning of doing our best, which is what we all need to do now!


No comments:

Post a Comment